Thursday 14 June 2012

Part 22 - Toronto Pro SuperShow

Photo shoot with Liana Louzon
The day after the Ontario Championships, I arrived refreshed for my photo shoot with Liana Louzon. I'd been scheduled between some bikini models and we had fun cheering each other on. The photos should be ready in a couple of weeks. Ed went off to find beverages and returned with coffee in beautiful mugs. I thought he'd sweet talked the staff into letting him take them out of the shop, but as it turned out he bought them. He's too cute...always aiming to please!

Before heading home, we decided to check out the exhibits and other activities at the Toronto Pro SuperShow. I'm glad we did because it was the most enjoyable part of the weekend. We went to see the finals of the MuscleMag and Oxygen fitness model search competitions which took place on the main stage at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Jessica, who I'd shared my drying tent with earlier, made the top 10 in the Oxygen search. She did well considering that there were over 100 entrants.

Main stage at the SuperShow
As we walked through the exhibits, we stopped and chatted with the movers and shakers of the industry. It was great to see some friends from the old days. Then we went shopping at Mode Risque where Ed bought me two fantastic outfits for the gym!

After the model search was over, I jumped up onto the stage and pretended that I was a contestant. The stage was all mine! They had a division for over 40 ladies in the Oxgyen search...hmm, perhaps this is my calling. The atmosphere at the SuperShow was such that you could let yourself go, flaunt a little (or a lot), meet the fitness stars and even rip your shirt off without anyone batting an eye.

My favourite person to meet that day was Nancy DiNino who is a fitness celebrity, media personality and SALSA DANCER. Her eyes lit up when I told her that I was a fan because she's a dancer rather than because she's in shape which is what she probably hears all the time. What a beautiful lady inside and out.

I ran into so many people I hadn't seen in years. Garry Bartlett, writer for MuscleMag and one of the nicest guys in the industry, was there and we reflected on the 1984 Canadian Championships which Larry and I hosted at the National Arts Centre. We laughed at the fact that he had no idea that I was a key player in promoting the event, then in his magazine coverage he thanked me for watching his camera during the post-party. The next time I saw Garry the following year, I grabbed him by the collar and said "what do you mean that I watched your camera, that's not all I did buddy." Ah, the memories we've shared together in the years that followed!

Then I decided to take a crash course from the World Arm Wrestling Champion, Devon Larratt. Of course, I challenged him to a match afterwards...and won! Yeah right!

It was a fun, fun, fun day!!! But it was time to head home.

Later in the week, the OPA posted the results of the Ontario Championships. My final placings were 2nd Open Figure Short and 8th Figure Grandmasters. I'm happy with my placings against the young ones, but it's not quite what I'd hoped for against the older gals. Everyone worked hard to be there and at least I ended up in the middle of the pack.

I'm still mulling over what my next move will be. All I know is that I'm not ready to quit yet..........
Discovering Chris White's abs

Hamming it up with Mike Pierron,
MC of the Ontario Championships

Re-enactment with Garry Bartlett
With Winston Roberts & unknown hottie
With the winner of the Oxygen
fitness model search
`
With Domenic Mauro of
Muscle Insider
Discussing salsa with Nancy DiNino
With MuscleMag's Tosca Reno
With Patrice Lee-Seyon, winner of Musclemag
model search and Overall Ontario Bikini
Modeling one of my new outfits
with the staff at Mode Risque










Ed's girl is high maintenance!


No comments:

Post a Comment