Friday 1 June 2012

Part 19 - Ready, Set, Let's Go

It's the day before the show and it's almost time to head to Toronto for the Ontario Championships. I've done everything possible to prepare. It's been 7 months since my qualifying event and I definitely feel I've made improvements. As small as they might be, it's progress nonetheless. What else can a post-menopausal woman expect?

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week were carb deplete days which I struggled through. My energy was way down. Fortunately, they were light workout days. On Thursday, I started carb loading and today I continue with it. Today is also dehydration day. We'll find out tomorrow if the plan worked.

All the cosmetic preparations are in place and my bags are packed. Right now, I'm on my way for a 7:00 am appointment with Rosanne Neddo to get my hair set. Yep, gonna have to sleep with it up. Ed is picking me up at 9:00 am. My spray tan appointment is schedule for 4:45 pm at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The competitors' meeting is at 5:30 pm. Once we line up to register, we'll find out who stands where on stage and how many are in each class. The Ontario Championships is on Saturday. It's part of the Toronto Pro SuperShow where the best of the best will be gathering.

I'm like an overdue pregnant woman. I've been ready for a couple of weeks and I just want it to be over. Really looking forward to having a drink tomorrow evening.

Thank you to everyone who has followed my blog and sent me notes of encouragement. You have no idea how it has kept me going. I've had days when I just wanted to quit and others when I thought I could go to the top. The support has been an important factor in my preparation. Thank you, thank you!

I'll let you all know how it went when I return. Win or lose, this is going to be loads of fun..........

No comments:

Post a Comment